Thursday 29 January 2009

Frustration


I was tasked yesterday with compiling and collating Risk Assesments and create a register for which individuals and companies they have been issued to. I wondered if there was any way of doing it digitally – using databases and PDFs etc. as my office is full floor to ceiling with files already.

I asked our IT manager in the head office if there was any practical way of doing. He said "we're already looking at that", so I asked questions to see if it would fit in with our department. It would! Joy and wonderfulness!

I mentioned this to my boss today. He has previously alienated everybody in head office. His comment "I'm not interested in anything they are doing up there, get on with it". So now I am reduced to spending the rest of my life stood next to a photocopier making more bloody files, and wasting a few forests into the bargain.

1 comment:

iainmspillane said...

We just finished our internal H+S audit. Surprisingly, all the non-academic staff did a good job...